Can no longer cope

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      cazzyk
      Participant

My husband has been addicted to coke since he was 20 he is now 36 and I honestly think it will never end no matter how many times he says it will, it got way more out of control when his mum passed away 7 Years ago we have 3 kids one being a new baby I am doing absolutely everything on my own including looking after him , it’s apparently always my fault he does it and everything that happens to him is because of me, I can’t speak to anyone about this because he will go mad if people actually know how much of a mess he’s making of everything. I’m told by everyone how much he loves me but I can’t see it anymore.i feel empty and lost our sex life is nothing anymore because I’m always tired from doing everything and he’s always up high so we have nothing. I know he’s a amazing person who’s just got stuck in addiction that’s why I’m still here but I really am struggling and just don’t feel like me anymore heartbroken and just don’t know what to do.

finlou38
      Participant

Although it’s a different addiction in my situation (my fiance is a functioning alcoholic) it sounds like we are in a very similar situation.

Wish I had some words of wisdom. ????

cazzyk
      Participant

I’m sure your with me when I say more than anything I wish they could see what they are doing to us all because I think if they could it might make them stop.

finlou38
      Participant

I wish they could see the heartach and pain they are causing. They are missing out on so much due to addiction.

mammyessex
      Participant

My husband has been using in secret for I don’t know how long he’s left me and our boys abs refuses to come home and wants a divorce , he’s got himself in loads of debt yet won’t admit to a problem , can’t believe he can just dump us after 22 years , sending love x

kent89
      Participant

I feel your pain. My partner of 12 years has a coke and alcohol problem. Time and time again I hear ‘I need help’ ‘I’ll get help’ ‘I’m done with it all’ … for me to time and time again be put through it. Without it our family is wonderful, but his circle of friends are all the same and he is drawn back in every time. I am exhausted and broken from trying to keep my family together aswell as hold down 2 jobs and a household. I dont tell anyone because nobody gets it , they think it’s as simple as ‘don’t put up with it just leave’… I did once, but then fell back into the vicious cycle. I feel week and pathetic

mammyessex
      Participant

Oh I feel exactly the same my Mam keeps saying Just move on he’s pathetic you can do better , she’s right but I love him what makes it even worse is he has took the decision for me to support him right out my hands and just left , it’s a horrific heartbreaking situation for anyone to go through this sounds awful but I’ve even said it would be easier if he had died because in a way the man I knew has and had he of passed I’d have been left with memories now I’m left in this no man’s land between hell and it’s dreadful x I’m here anytime you need to talk x much love ❤️

kent89
      Participant

I literally say the same, my life would be easier with him dead or in prison. I understand an addiction can’t be easy but at what point does someone have to get to , to think enough is genuinely enough and knock it all on the head. I dunno, I barely drink and don’t touch drugs so it makes no sense to me. Thanks hun and you too ❤️

mammyessex
      Participant

It’s the lies and deceit too makes you question everything , I’m very anti drugs I know it’s an illness but he chose it , he’s talking food literally out of his own kids mouths if he could admit it and just say he’s messed up it would help in some way but he’s just hiding away while I’m left with the worry and juggling bills kids house it’s exhausting I shouldn’t have to be doing it it’s as much his responsibility as mine and he’s just got away with it all , nothing should ever come above his own children it sickens me it really does x

kent89
        Participant

Exactly! You don’t get back these years with your children, yet they would rather be out poking crap up their nose and wasting money. I said for what reason should I continue waiting for him to make things right and not move on… he said ‘love’… as if that’s enough. What good is having love but being unhappy. Even when they admit it makes it no easier I promise you. It leads you into thinking things will get better… maybe they do… just a case of when?! ???? xx

mammyessex
      Participant

☹️ I can’t believe they there family isn’t enough to make them stop , I’d never ever put someone I love through this hell I wish I could move on and not care but he’s got us all on the bottom emotionally and financially x

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE