Can someone quit Cocaine on their own?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      anniemac
      Participant

Hi, Im new to this forum, Im wondering can someone quit cocaine on their own when they want to? This is what my ex partner is telling me, I dont fully believe him that it can be done alone, but hes trying to convince me he can stop when he wants! Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance.

fritturica
      Participant

I don’t think so, actually I think is very difficult to stop it even with helps.. I’m sorry to hear.. I’m actually breaking up with my boyfriend because of the drugs, and he was even getting help for that..

lindyloo
      Participant

Hu Anniemac

Welcome to the forum.

We all share the same common ground, we have a loved one who is addicted to alcohol or drugs.

Unfortunately I don’t have all the answers, but read the other threads and there’s advice and support on the home page.

My son admitted he had a problem when things got worse. He took part in a lot of AA meetings and CA meetings. He’ll meet others who are trying to stop, and if he’s serious about it, he’ll get a sponsor and they’ll go through the 12 steps…Google it.

There are some addicts in recovery on this forum.

Danman83 and BT1978 are really helpful giving advice too. Read their threads too.

I wish you and your partner well, but first and foremost he has to admit he needs help, and is willing to seek help .

Good luck Lx

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Anniemac,

I’m glad you have found this forum and Lindyloo’s right you will get good advice from people on here.

If you would like any more help please contact us at The Icarus Trust. We are a charity that provides support for people who are dealing with the addiction of a loved one. We have trained and experienced people you could talk with and maybe this would help you to find answers to your questions.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

Good luck.

s1993ks
      Participant

Hi Annie, I was in a similar situation to you. I am with a recovering addict. & on so many occasions he told me that he could beat his addiction on his own and didn’t need help. But after hearing that over and over each time he messed up I realised it was just a way of getting me off his back / a form of denial of how bad his addiction is.

I no longer believed him & kept expressing to him that he needs help & is in denial. He is currently going to therapy. Still a long road ahead but his finally admitted he needs help & is actively trying to get better.

dre80
      Participant

I stayed for months with a cocaine addict, he made the speech to stop, because it was bad, it doesn’t help at work etc, and he even went to a psychiatrist and takes medication, however, it is for secondary gain, for him to adapt his addiction to the routine without so much declared loss. Because there is a moral issue, which they lose in the brain, I read so much about it. They lose their sense of morality, judgment, and security. So, he even said he wanted to stop, but the facial expression was manipulated, they are excellent manipulators. The pleasure is as great as the risk. He thinks it is normal, but as society condemns, he needs to mask it so that the partner and I at the time, we would not find him a vagabond (he dethrones the idea of ​​finding vagabond those who use drugs). But as long as himself, does not realize that he is doing real harm, or does not suffer from an overdose etc. by drinking also with the drug, they will not want to leave. It’s just empty talk …

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE