Can they use occasionally

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      stephie86
      Participant

So my ex partner is messaging me ( a recent breakup) stating that she feels she has her habit under control, not used for a year but then used at the weekend. And feels she can go out and use occasionally.

She was using every weekend and in the week as well only two years ago

From experience is this ever possible to then use occasionally and have it under control?

debc
      Participant

Hi Stephie86,

I think your partner maybe trying to kid herself that she can use occasionally. I think if she does it will just make her want it more, I may be wrong, and this is just my opinion.

Drugs control the person, not the other way around, which is sad but true.

Dx

stephie86
      Participant

This was my gut instinct. Just wondered if anyone had an experience like this

debc
        Participant

I think lots of people on here will,have had experience with the same thing.

Look through the other threads and you might get the information from them.

Always go with your gut, it’s not a good feeling but usually right.

Dx

stephie86
      Participant

Thank you for taking the time to respond x

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Stephie,

Thanks for posting. If you would like to contact us at Icarus Trust may be we could help with some of the things you are dealing with. We are a charity that offers support to people having to deal with the impact of an addictive partner. if you contact us you could talk with one of our trained and very experienced people.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

Good luck.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE