Cocaine

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      eggnchips99
      Participant

I don’t know what to do I’ve just found out my husband has been using Cocaine on and off for a year

He’s borrowed money off friends to buy it with

I first found out in February and he promised to stop but I’ve just found out 2 weeks after he promised to stop he went and brought £200 worth with money stolen from a friend

He’s now been clean for 7 weeks because of lockdown he’s not been at work (that’s where he takes it) and has promised me yesterday he’s done with it

I threatened to throw him out in February but he said he wouldn’t do it again

But he did 2 weeks later in March and I only found out about that yesterday

He said I can drug test him if I want daily or weekly

I feel a mug as I’m giving him one last chance again !

It’s the lies that have hurt the most and his personality has changed

Do you think he will relapse again ? This is what I’m so worried about

He said in February when I found out he wouldn’t do it again but yesterday told me he wasn’t ready when he said that but he is now

He’s already lost one job from using at work and spent £100’s from the bank account

He uses to escape his depression

elchapo
      Participant

I don’t think he will stop on his own.pull him up each week for a drug test just change the days around. If he is saying it’s because he’s depressed could you try to take him to the doctors. At least that way you will know he wants help.

eggnchips99
        Participant

He’s on top dose antidepressants already 🙁

hw12
      Participant

Hi i can relate to your story i found out my partner has been using cocaine since we met, i had no idea. He had been going out to his van on our drive doing it then coming back in the house. But looking back with the information i know now the signs were there.

I completely understand what you mean about the lies, the lies have tore our relationship apart more than the drug use. He too suffers with depression and used the drugs to escape that. He used to spend days in bed, he was snappy, paranoid, just not a nice person to he around. He is on antidepressants now, and was seeing a drug counsellor but only went 3 times and then he made excuses not to go. He says hes been clean since xmas but i cant 100% believe him with all the lies hes told in the past especially regarding money. Hes so sneaky.

He has made some improvements, but because of everything i have just lost all respect, theres no trust and i feel angry towards him for spoiling what we had. I can completely understand where you are coming from. Its made me check his wallet and his pockets, seeing if theres anything to find. Im a trusting person but hes changed everything.

eggnchips99
        Participant

This is how I feel the trust has gone

It’s like his personality has changed so much I don’t recognise him

It’s the lies he’s told too

hw12
      Participant

Im exactly the same. He used to be a caring person and always making people laugh, thats the things i love about him but they aren’t there anymore. He has also told so many lies, about allsorts usually money. Its so upsetting and frustrating.

My partner is also on antidepressants since xmas and they have helped him a little. I dont think he is still using buy who knows i cant 100% trust him now. He says horrible things, things that i didnt think he could ever say. Do yoi find this too?

eggnchips99
        Participant

Hi he’s not nasty and doesn’t say horrible things he just sighs a lot and snaps

Very moody

I think I’m going to buy the drug test strips

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE