Cocaine

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      daryl
      Participant

I’m addicted to this drug it’s been a part of my life for to long now how do I stop for it’s to late

lindyloo
      Participant

Hi Daryl, welcome to the form. Everyone here on this forum is or has been affected by addictions .

You have taken the first step by admitting that you have a problem with cocaine and are seeking help and support to stop.

Read the other threads here, particularly Danman83, he is currently 2months clean and is offering great advice and support.

My son has alcohol and cocaine addictions, we’ve had several years of hell with it. Thankfully he admitted he needed help and support. He joined AA and CA meetings, got a sponsor met others who support him . Its been hard for him but well worth it in the end. He’s 5 months clean.

Please be strong have faith, you can get through this. Confide in a close friend, stay away from people who could influence you, delete scumbag dealers off your phone. Stay off social media..

Stay in touch here

Take care

Lx

danman83
      Participant

Hi daryl mate. Are u OK?

evieb
        Participant

Danman83…. I need your help. How did you do it please?

danman83
          Participant

Hiya evie, sorry I’ve only just seen this. Are you still there??

evieb
            Participant

So sorry for such a delayed response. I forgot to check this inbox. Been trying to sort my head out. I’m still here though!

danman83
              Participant

Ahh Good. To stop I’ve done a lot of things. Defo delete all dealers nums, even fam and friends who use. Delete Facebook and other social media sites, as u can message dealers on there, plus seeing pics of other people all happy and drinking makes u want to use. I listen to recovery stories everyday on podcast and you tube. You need to change your whole routine around and do new hobbies. Avoid triggers, no alcohol what so ever. That worked for a few week maybe a month or 2 and I kept relapsing. Then I finay joined CA anonymous on boxing day and I’ve been clean since. It’s the best thing I’ve done. Have u tried meetings? Would u?

evieb
                Participant

Thanks for your reply. What is CA anonymous? I’ve seen it mentioned a few times…. not sure if you’re US or UK based? I constantly change (have changed) my mind on meetings. That type of thing is not me at all, but then again…. since being so raw honest with myself, this life is even more not me & I want to change that more than anything so I’m more open minded to anything that’ll help this iron grip feeling that addiction has over you!x

danman83
                Participant

I’m from Manchester in UK.

I said the same about meetings I’d never go ect… But I did in the end and I’m 107 days clean now and I feel great. How often do u use?

drainedmum
      Participant

Hi

I’m asking Dannan83, if possible. My son has used cocaine constantly for over a year, we are beginning to look at methods to stop. I bought tribe cocaine tests but I am not sure after heavy usage how long it would stay in your system. Just trying to check if long term use can stay in his system a while or it comes out in hours. Any experience of using urine tests?

drainedmum
      Participant

Sorry that meant to say urine test not tribe ????

drainedmum
      Participant

Hi Daryl

Glad you are winning!

I was wondering have you any experience of urine testing? I wanted to know after long use will it stay in your system for ages when you are not taking? Sorry asked this question on another post but realised it wasn’t on yours

drainedmum
      Participant

Daryl

Sorry I wrote Glad you are winning, when you are looking for help. As you can tell my head is all over the place with worry. I hope you beat this, it ruins the family as well xx

danman83
        Participant

I’m not to sure your best off googling it. But does your son want to stop?

drainedmum
          Participant

Yes he has been quite open and contacted eclipse for a keyworker but when a test comes back positive and he is adamant he hasn’t took any. I know the lying is good but I don’t know what to believe.

danman83
            Participant

I know with heroin drug test, if your clean and you have bread with poppy seeds on the top it comes back positive for heroin. I’m not to sure if there is anything simular to cocaine.

But I don’t want to say he is lying incase he is not. I guess your going to have to judge this for yourself. Obviously he could be lying and sounds like he is, well.. That’s what us addicts do. If he lives with you look for signs. Up all night, bed all day, drinking, not looking you in the eyes when talking to you, no money, asking for money for bills or something that doesn’t need paying.

I really don’t want to say he is lying because that’s wrong of me. How many times is he failing it?

evieb
      Participant

@Danman83 I just googled CA anonymous… seems obvious now!!!! ????????

evieb
      Participant

(Regarding my last response to Danman83) I just googled CA anonymous… seems obvious now!!!! ????????

evieb
      Participant

(Regarding my last response to Danman83) I just googled CA anonymous… seems obvious now!!!!

erin
      Participant

Hi Daryl, I’m glad you reached out on this because whether you know it or not that is the first step and shows that you want help. I’m sure my addiction is incomparable to yours as I was addicted to opiates, I was spending ridiculous amounts of money and lost a lot of friends because the codeine came first. I didn’t see it as a problem at first and this went on for 8 years. It turned me into a horrible person.

In all honesty it is not going to be easy but it is only temporary. You have to be realistic and not be too hard on yourself, my addiction service gave me “milestone tokens” which I would not advise because it made me feel 100 times worse when I relapsed and if you do relapse don’t beat yourself up about it, just pick yourself up and start again.

Take less and ween yourself off slowly going cold turkey is a receipe for disaster.

You CAN do it and you WILL get there eventually.

Take care of yourself and I wish you the best of luck.

Addiction of anyform can happen to ANYONE so never feel ashamed.

Here to talk any time and will give the unfilterd truth (no textbook analogies!)

Best of luck, take care and hope to hear how you’re getting on!

Erin.

erin
      Participant

Hair follicle tests are probably the most accurate and with quick results, they can detect drugs (amphetamine, methamphetamine, ecstasy, marijuana, cocaine, PCP and opiates such as codeine and morphine)

A a urine drug screen can detect if you’ve used drugs in the last few days, a hair follicle drug test can detect drug use in the past 90 days.

Hope this helps.

erin
      Participant

Hair follicle tests are probably the most accurate and with quick results, they can detect drugs (amphetamine, methamphetamine, ecstasy, marijuana, cocaine, PCP and opiates such as codeine and morphine)

A a urine drug screen can detect if you’ve used drugs in the last few days, a hair follicle drug test can detect drug use in the past 90 days.

Hope this helps.

drainedmum
        Participant

Hi

I have bought urine dip tests just for cocaine but he is saying it’s because he used for so long it will take ages to leave his system. For example if he took on Sat when would he be clear? 4days later?

erin
          Participant

Hi there,

It depends how often and how much cocaine he has taken, if he has taken a lot over a long period of time there is a chance it would still show up but generally speaking cocaine can be detected in urine for up to 4 days after using.

Saying that there are many factors to consider when doing a urine drug test that could effect the outcome.

If he has been drinking alcohol while using it will stay in his system longer, other factors are the method in which he used it if he dabs it on his gums or snorts it it will remain in his system longer than if it was smoked or injected. Another main factor is his weight and metabolism, no malice intended, the larger the person is the longer the drug remains in their system.

Hair follicle testing can detect a wide range of drugs and can tell you if the person has used within 90 days instead of 4 days but I understand urine tests are more readily available and the majority of the time they are just as accurate.

I hope this helps and remember to look after your own well being.

As much as we want to help our loved ones, they also have to want to change.

You sound like your doing everything right so stay strong and I hope it works out for yous.

Erin.

erin
      Participant

Apologies, I didn’t think my comment posted but it ended up sending twice!

erin
      Participant

It depends how often and how much cocaine he has taken, if he has taken a lot over a long period of time there is a chance it would still show up but generally speaking cocaine can be detected in urine for up to 4 days after using.

Saying that there are many factors to consider when doing a urine drug test that could effect the outcome.

If he has been drinking alcohol while using it will stay in his system longer, other factors are the method in which he used it if he dabs it on his gums or snorts it it will remain in his system longer than if it was smoked or injected. Another main factor is his weight and metabolism, no malice intended, the larger the person is the longer the drug remains in their system.

Hair follicle testing can detect a wide range of drugs and can tell you if the person has used within 90 days instead of 4 days but I understand urine tests are more readily available and the majority of the time they are just as accurate.

I hope this helps and remember to look after your own well being.

As much as we want to help our loved ones, they also have to want to change.

You sound like your doing everything right so stay strong and I hope it works out for yous.

Erin.

drainedmum
      Participant

Can you smoke cocaine? If yes I didn’t know that!

I am worried if by miracle he has stopped and I’m seeing a positive test and putting restrictions in place.

erin
        Participant

I know how you are feeling. I have experienced both sides, I’m a former addict (opiates) and I now work with people who suffer with addiction. Make sure you catch him off guard with the test to ensure he can’t sabotage the test, you’d be surprised the lengths people go to try and get away with it by either using someone else’s (I’ve even tested someone and it turned out to be apple juice!) so we now have to supervise them.

I’m sure you know all the things to look out for but dilated pupils, running nose, weight loss, mood swings, trouble sleeping, hyperactive and rambling just to name a few. It’s a horrible horrible drug.

And most importantly reinforce your doing this because you care about him and how dangerous it is, he could overdose and the people who are supplying it to him are NOT his friends, they’re just after the money and cocaine is a very expensive drug and most of the time its mixed with all sorts to bulk up their supply.

Here if you ever need to chat, Erin.

erin
      Participant

I know how you are feeling. I have experienced both sides, I’m a former addict (opiates) and I know work with people who suffer with addiction. Make sure you catch him off guard with the test to ensure he can’t sabotage the test, you’d be surprised the lengths people go to try and get away with it by either using someone else’s (I’ve even tested someone and it turned out to be apple juice!) so we now have to supervise them.

I’m sure you know all the things to look out for but dilated pupils, running nose, weight loss, mood swings, trouble sleeping, hyperactive and rambling just to name a few. It’s a horrible horrible drug.

And most importantly reinforce your doing this because you care about him and how dangerous it is, he could overdose and the people who are supplying it to him are NOT his friends, they’re just after the money and cocaine is a very expensive drug and most of the time its mixed with all sorts to bulk up their supply.

Here if you ever need to chat, Erin.

carlb
      Participant

This is a reply to drainedmum the longest it will stay in your urine is 5 days no matter how long you used. It will be detectable in a hair folicule test for about 6 months.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE