Cocaine

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      themidgetgem
      Participant

Am I selfish for leaving ?
      I have 4 kids aged 19-22

my husband is a cocaine addict and has been for 6 years . I’ve put up with him lying stealing and talking to other women . Drug dealers on my doorstep demanding money
      today I have come home from a -4 hour shift as a nurse in A&E to him cutting up cocaine with said be drug dealer in my lounge . As if they do no wrong !! I obviously phoned the police … am I in the wrong ??
      my kids seem to think I should have just left him

do you think it’s selfish of me to get my stuff and just walk ?? Because I really do t think I can take much more

im suicidal I just want a way out I cannot cope with it all anymore it’s not normal

Lozzy80
      Participant

Its not selfish. He has totally crossed your boundaries and brought dsnger into your home so the police was the last resort , you did what you had to do to keep yourself self.

Is there anyone you can contact , a family member or friend ? You sound like you have hit beyond crisis point and you need to get help …there is Samaritans 116 123

Hope you stay safe xx

themidgetgem
      Participant

thank you

he’s still not come home , I really don’t know what to do I love him so much but I think I love the old him and I’m holding onto a relationship and future with my the drug free husband .
      I do wonder can you ever get that person back ?
      I miss him I miss our family

Lozzy80
      Participant

It seems the answer , for many addicts at least ,  they reach their rock bottom before they do something about it ..usually that involves pushing everyone and everything away 🙁 but sometimes I do hear the odd success story of families that stay together and I suppose we cling onto that hope , that the same will happen for us

Lozzy80
      Participant

Those that recover they are not the same …we all grow…and recovering is a massive part of growing and changing but for the better .

.for those that don’t recover then…some of that old person is still there (and for those of us that fall in love with them that’s what we can see still a bit …) But their minds and life is just totally controlled by the horrible addiction

eddie123
      Participant

Hi there, this sounds like a very difficult situation for you and I am sorry. I know of a great charity that supports people like yourselves nationwide. The family support programme is all remote and they help many families a year. Please see link and fill in the referral and someone will endeavour to respond within 24 hours. https://adaptoxford.org.uk/the-icarus-programme/

eddie123
      Participant

Hi there, this sounds like a very difficult situation for you and I am sorry. I know of a great charity that supports people like yourselves nationwide. The family support programme is all remote and they help many families a year. Please see link and fill in the referral and someone will endeavour to respond within 24 hours. https://adaptoxford.org.uk/the-icarus-programme/
      They also provide free treatment if an addict wants to get clean, have a look at their website

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE