Cocaine Abuse – need a someone to chat with

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      harryjj
      Participant

Not much else to say really but I need a someone to chat with.

pato
      Participant

My daughter, 17, does a mixture of ketamin and cocaine.

locum
      Participant

I could really do with some help guidance have just discovered my 19 is using cocaine and other stuff what is of real concern is she has pictures videos of herself taking it and I think she may be dealing supplying her friends. I know all this as she came home and Used in the house and in my upset I looked on her computer and found messages videos and pics. I don’t know where to turn or what to do next. I haven’t discussed with her want to as so scared as to what she is getting into any guidance would be very much appreciated.

danman83
        Participant

Id get in confront her but dont go mad because u might push her to have more as thats what the stuff does it makes you start arguments so you have an excuse to get it.. she needs stop it now it ruins peoples lifes. Im going through the same now. And i think she needs to want to quit it. You need to be there for her and she needs to cut people off who have it. But you need get her to stop asap.

danman83
        Participant

Have youb spoke to her about it? 1st thing she needs to do is admit she has a problem.and she is young and still has her life ahead of her. Dont give up on her.

pato
      Participant

I fully understand your predicament. Since finding in my daughter’s purse small sachets of a white piwder, which turns out to be a mixture of ketamine and cocaine, I’ve been reluctant to go head-to-head with her on it as it would destroy any trust we hold between each other. The conundrum being that I can’t believe a word she says anymore since she started substance abusing. I’ve since been given the advice to firstly stop her financial source, she’s only 17 and still a school girl, and then ‘pick my fights ‘. It feels like a hard road ahead of being very firm and not loving. As was said “Don’t use the word love in any discussion!”

Wish I could help more.

danman83
      Participant

I personally need some 1 to talk to with some 1 as support regarding quitting coke is this what you are looking at?

locum
      Participant

Have told her I know she is using cocaine she denies it I have also tried to explain why I’m so worried and highlighted the risks and today have just said I am here for her at anytime to talk whatever time of day or night don’t really know what else I can do did think about writing a letter so I can get my points across without losing it thanks for the advice how are you doing Danman

pato
      Participant

Im Still worrying and not sleeping. The fact she’s contemplating suicide makes me feel that getting stoned is just avoidance

danman83
        Participant

If shes contemplating suicide. Stay with her as much as you can. Keep reasuuring her she can do better. Because the more you go on the more its an excuse to want coke..then when it wears off she will feel down and suicidal… your brain is that clever.. because shes had coke it wants more and you dont know.. you will start arguments for no reason.. start thinking about other things that lead to it…next min your on to you dealer.. and your brains won.. its called emotional relapse.. and she needs to avoid these trigger points. Im no expert at this but if it was my little girl.. id be keeping a close eye on her.. giving her positive advice. Making her aware of this crap stuff coke and how bad it is. And shes got her future ahead of her. And most of all she needs friends that dont touch the stuff.

danman83
      Participant

Am good locum..its hard getting your point across to a 19 year old. Im 36 got 4 kids. I work hard. And know i have responsibilities. I have it once a month.. last couple of month its been every couple of week. But my partner said she will help me and avoid alcohol which triggers it. Tell her to join this forum and read people stories. She needs to be aware of it. I hate the stuff and it has caused a lot of problems. I had 8 councilling sessions because i wanted to stop and i wasnt even having it every week. But the councillor said.. if you keep going back to it. You must be addicted.. i know shes denying it.. but ask her does she want to quit or carry on? I had to write down on a sheet and write the positives of having coke and next to it the negatives. And there was only 1 positive.. her life would be so much better with out. She just needs to realise this.

pato
      Participant

Thank you for your kind and sensible words. I’ll try and use some of this

pato
      Participant

The trouble with the friends is that she’s now mixing with those who do substance abuse. I can’t chain her to her bed. It’s extremely sad and hard to work. All my wife and I want and need is her to see the error of her ways.

danman83
      Participant

Ye your right you cant chain her to her bed.. you just need to make her aware.. im able to cut off people because im 36.. and i just need my children and partner.. i think the main thing is that she wants to quit it and then she will want your help. I told my mum the other month and shes there now txting me all the time lol. Hope it all goes well

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE