Cocaine addiction

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      adam28352
      Participant

Hi All, I’m an addict and I know it things are very different now. Always done coke since 18 now 38 never been a major issue what I classed as taking socially when I went down the pub and it’s stopped there but I had a break down about 18 month back as my business was going bust and I got addicted for best part of four month every day and sometimes all day in the end your not doing it to get high it was Just like wanting a cigarette scary place to be when you don’t see it coming. I’m over the worst but I can’t shake it off I’m still craving it every 3/4 days and it’s not social now it’s me sitting on my self which I know is very sad but it’s become the norm I even dream about it then wake up craving I don’t know what the next step is for recover. Any comments are welcome

lindyloo
      Participant

Hi

I just wondered if any of you guys in recovery ever tried SMART recovery UK? I read it’s different from the 12 steps and doesn’t refer to the higher power if someone isn’t spiritual.

I wondered if i could recommend it to my son, who’s tried 12 steps in ca and aa meetings?

Danman83- ive still not heard from my son yet – I still text him every evening, but no reply yet.

Hope you’re doing well. Lx

danman83
      Participant

Well at least you are making the effort, that’s the main thing. No but I’ll give it a Google and look today thanks

debbieboo
      Participant

Using dreams are normal for an addict…sober grid is also a great app for support.. You should try it out..

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE