Cocaine and pregnancy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bumblebee08
      Participant

I was using cocaine 3-5 times a week for 2 years, and a few months ago I fell pregnant and stopped completely. This week I slipped up and I did a few small lines and rubbed a bit on my gums, and I can’t stop thinking about how guilty I feel. Of course I have done some googling, and Google is stating all the worst.  Does anyone know the effects of using it once during pregnancy? In a small amount? Has anyone got any experience of this? Please no judgement, I feel bad enough. I just want to know if anyone has done the same/similar/knows anyone who has done? Just for reference, I’m 20 weeks

m
      Participant

Hi bumblebee, I think the baby should be fine as it was a one off and the baby is quite developed however I wouldn’t risk it again and the dangers of your child being physically or mentally damaged if you continue use, which is a high chance.

you should contact CA and they can help you find local meetings I think it’s really important for you that you tackle your addiction so that you reduce your chances of relapse again whilst pregnant or after the baby is born.

you can also go to your gp for drug service referral but I understand this may be scary for you, defo try CA/cocaine anonymous

good luck xxx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE