Cocaine help

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      la1986
      Participant

Hi, not sure if anyone will see this or reply I’m just looking for a bit of advice or support Im female have 3 children I work in management in health and social care and have been using cocaine for a year now and no one knows about it. I have anxiety and mental health just looking for advice from today to stop I have deleted and blocked all contacts so making first step. I have a great partner but he doesn’t know I just want to be the old me again any help ???? x

lindyloo
      Participant

Hi La1986

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story.

It’s good that you’ve realised that this drug is affecting your mental health and causing anxiety.

You would be wise to stop now before it causes any further damage.

My 29yr son has alcohol and cocaine addictions, it’s been a living hell, but thankfully is in recovery- 1 Yr clean.

I would recommend that you click onto Share your Story, and read Kulstar”s story, or Jamesb or Danman83. These are all people in recovery offering support and advice.

They have helped me a great deal to see things from another perspective.

I wish you well with your future recovery, stay strong.

Lx ❤️

danman83
        Participant

Hey lindy I went awol again lol but I’m over 7 month clean now doing well. How’s you and your son? Hope your OK x

lindyloo
          Participant

Hi Dan great to hear that you’re doing so well! I always wonder how you’re doing and keep us all here in my prayers.

I’m doing well, when son is doing well- which he is thankfully.

Still has OCD and anxiety type issues (personally I think he has undiagnosed adhd!,) He’s battling through them , bless him.

He needs to move though – too many bad memories where he is.

All in all things have greatly improved, he still does his regular CA meetings- he needs to.

So pleased for you Dan, keep doing what you’re doing- have read Kulstar’s story? I really admire you guys, so strong so supportive.

Keep doin what you’re doin Dan!

Lx ❤️

danman83
            Participant

Thanks so much for that, it’s nice to hear ❤️ glad your son is doing great. It’s funny you say that because I asked my mum this week does she think I have adhd haha. Because people always ask if I have it and a few other things.

Tbh a lot of people have anxiety issues these days. I know u do. Social media doesn’t help 1 bit. And it effects my 11 year old girl. But it’s hard to get her off it as everyone is on it.

So glad your son is doing well. I must admit it does get easier although I did have a using dream the other night. But I just prayed on it.

No il give kulstars story a read later when I get in. Hope your have a lovely weekend. Good to hear from u x

lindyloo
              Participant

Thanks Dan, you have a good weekend too ????

Lx ❤️

danman83
      Participant

Hey la1986 hope your OK.. I’m 7 month clean from cocaine now. After 12 years of using. I ended up using on my own, got kicked out last year ect.. It just went worse and worse. I tried everything to quit. Hypnotist, deleted nums, cut people off, councilling ect.. And it worked a bit.

So for start, delete all nums, cut everyone off who uses. Even come off social media. It’s not good for your mental health.

So what has got me 7 month clean is joining cocaine anonymous. I can not tell u how much this programme works. Go to a local meeting near you. And stick to it! U might not like at 1st.but keep going. You can down load zoom. And zoom c. A meetings at home. Get a sponsor and work the 12 steps. Your life will get better I promise you this so much. Don’t be put off by the god aspect of it all. I meditate each day, I pray and I’m stronger mentally and never been happier in my life.

If u need help how to set zoom up and how the meetings are on just ask.

But the main thing is you need to want to quit. Cut everything off and anyone to do with coke.you can’t drink again. This leads to using. Start some new hobbies ect..

I see doctors in the meetings and famous people. So do not feel embarrassed. Just trust me what I’m saying and stick to it if u want your life back.. Feel free to ask me anything

purpleheart
        Participant

To Danman

I read so many of your posts when I was in the thick of it with my then husband and they helped so much to view from the other side ..  although you haven’t been on for some time I really hope you are well and living and enjoying life .

x

lindyloo
      Participant

La1986, hope you’re okay, read Danman83 advice. He’s been battling hard with this evil drug, as it can quite easily get a hold of your life and potentially destroy it.

Please read his advice and stay strong.

Take care ❤️

Lx

charlieweb
      Participant

First time on this site, really enjoying reading through and relating to so many posts. This post and others of those struggling with c addiction are not in that category, but I feel I need to also provide info about a program called Beyond Addiction, created by Gabor Mate and Sat Dharm Kar that can be accessed online from anywhere. Its no substitute for CA, but it was very enlightening for me with my own trauma, cravings and healing. I learned a lot about why certain brains choose certain drugs and this post is reminding me of this. Not sure if appropriate, but wanted to share here.

Thinking of you all, you brave, compassionate humans.

danman83
      Participant

Gabor mate is great to listen to. And I beleive alot of what he says. Highly recommend him.

navy
        Participant

Hi Danman83

It was great to hear your story. I would like to say thank you so much for your help to us all.

My husband is 1 week (I hope) free from cocaine. It’s so hard to believe him.

Can I ask you about alcohol is it right that you can’t drink anymore as this provides cravings?

My husband had his first night out in a year with the boys and I know he is going to drink I’m just soo scared that he will use!!!

How do I ask him without judging him?

La 1986

Good luck in your fight against evil you can do this. Please get the help and support you need to go forward. Keep in touch with us and our support too.

You got this if you want to do this

Good luck

Take care

Navy x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE