Cocaine recovery – any positive stories?

• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by paw_x.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      bunny1316
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve read a lot of your stories on here and I totally feel all your pain. Loving someone with an addiction is heartbreaking. I just wondered if there’s anyone on here that has positive stories of successful cocaine addiction recovery. Of course I appreciate that relapse is more than likely over the years but as a family member do many of you find yourselves in a positive relationship now?

thank you for reading

paw_x
      Participant

I thought the same thing with these forums – I haven’t seen any success stories! But I tell myself maybe they don’t post on here if all is well, maybe they’re out there loving life and don’t have a need for venting here. I thought I had a success story for 3 years and that all fell apart last year and it’s been devastating. I’ve started to think maybe lifelong recovery isn’t a thing, maybe there’s no hope for a future with the man I chose. I hope I’m wrong about that x

bunny1316
        Participant

Glad I’m not alone here! So sorry to hear what you have been through after 3 years of doing well. How is he now? Is he back in recovery? Hope you’re ok

paw_x
          Participant

Yes he’s back in recovery and seems to now be fully engaging with the process but it’s done so much damage to my mental health and our relationship in the process. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. He’s been out of the house since March and I don’t know when or if I’ll ever be ready to let him back in. It can be so hard to see a future with someone when you start to completely regret ever letting them back into your life only to destroy it for the second time. What’s left when the trust is gone?

These forums have helped me because when he first confessed to a slip I did some research online and everything I found said to support him, don’t make a thing of it, he’ll feel bad enough, help him through. My biggest regret is doing that, telling nobody, and enabling him to get worse and worse with no consequences.

You’re not alone in this but please think of yourself and whether this is what you want from life x

lavender3250
      Participant

Omg I would love to know as well. Is it really possible? I would love to hear success stories just to give us hope. Is recovery permanent and life becomes beautiful after they stop or is it a daily battle they have to fight after they stop?

bunny1316
        Participant

Me too! Under no illusion that need to take each day at a time but I’d love to hear of any stories of success x

Gaddict
      Participant

Hi

Firstly, thank you for sharing your feelings and struggles regarding your loved one’s addiction. I understand how difficult and heartbreaking this situation is.

I know that with the right treatment, support, and determination, long-term recovery is possible.

I have someone close to me who struggled with cocaine addiction for many years but has now been in recovery for over 15 years. His journey involved intensive outpatient rehab and ongoing group and individual therapy. He also attends regular support group meetings and has made lifestyle changes to avoid triggers and maintain sobriety.

For our relationship, open and honest communication has been key. While there have been some setbacks over the years, we got through them together with patience, compassion, and a reminder of the progress made. Today, our bond is stronger than ever and we are both grateful for the second chance at a healthy connection.

Please remember that although your loved one’s addiction causes pain, you are not alone. There are people and resources that can help you both. I wish you strength and hope during this difficult time. And yes, long-term recovery is possible with determination, the right support, and a loving network of people willing to walk alongside.

I hope this offers some comfort and encouragement. Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions including information on an outpatient option. I will be thinking of you and your loved one.

paw_x
        Participant

Hi Gaddict,

Thank you for sharing your experience. It’s nice to know it’s possible as it’s so hard to stay hopeful sometimes x

Nicole jones
        Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Hi gaddict, thank you for your positive story, its reassuring that if is possible.</p>
        My problem isn’t him relapsing as I think he’s got a really good mindset and is putting all the support in place it’s the damage he’s caused to me and our children my cheating on us and having another child! He’s just confessed to this after 5 years! I’ve always supported him in absolutely everything  I’ve never failed him or let him down in 30 years but this has hit me hard! I’m constantly asking myself how can someone who’s supposed to love you and has done nothing but right by you, hurt you so badly, yet he tells me it’s a mistake but now it’s a Constant reminder when he sees this child and the mother as the child is only 5! We have 3 children who he also told but he says in recovery he’s got to leave his past in the past! I’ve honestly never been so hurt in all my life and he put us all through hell during his addiction and even accused me of cheating on him! I now know that was his own guilty conscience but still hurts really bad, I do honestly what to get past this but feel right now I never will ????

MarkyMark
      Participant

Hi all

I havnt had a line in nearly 3 years. Alcohol was my gateway to cocaine.I drank i used simple as that.I think as soon as the alcohol takes effect rationality has gone,so alot if us will use .

I had to get rid of all old friends that was still at it,stopped drinking(that was harder)and half the battle was won.

Good luck with your journey all!

paw_x
        Participant

Well done Mark. The alcohol thing definitely goes hand in hand for a lot of people at the moment especially when starting out into their addiction. I totally get it’s a lot harder to say no after a drink!

Unfortunately for my partner it was a lot worse than that, he’s completely teetotal and has been for years, he was using at work, he doesn’t ever party, this was just him and his colleagues on the building sites who were also using all day and unable to explain to their families why their wage packet was disappearing. It’s absolutely tragic and a bit of an epidemic where we are.

Keep up the good work, though it sounds like you know your triggers and will keep going from strength to strength x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE