Concerned for my mother in law

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cherry54
      Participant

Hi can anyone give any advice on how we can help my mother in law she has been a drinker for a few years now but its really got out of control. She is now drinking a bottle of pure vodka a day she is not eating if she goes a few hours without a drink she violently shakes vomits has diarrhoea. She is not wetting the bed not getting washed her memory is going. We dont no what to do anymore she is refusing to see a gp any advice would be greatful

chase666
      Participant

Does she want to stop? If so you can help her by supporting her. If not then all you can do unfortunately is not enable her.

As someone who has an addiction (Codeine not alcohol) the person addicted needs to want to stop before changes can be made. In the meantime, as selfish as you make think it is, you need to focus on your own wellbeing.

cherry54
      Participant

Hi no she doesnt she says she wants to stop but doesnt do anything about it she says she can do it herself which she has proved over and over again she cant. We dont no what to do anymore she doesn’t know day from night half the time now her memory is really being affected. She doesnt eat anything at all its awful

jenny270481
      Participant

Thats awful. Its the same here always sayingthey can stop on there own and they cant. It starts little by little and gets worse again. My partner is every weekend and getting more and more. I tried also gambling annonmus and they said he will not sort anything until he gets help. We can pount them in the right direction but cabt make them get help. I am struggling i want to leave but scared how he will deal with it as last tine tried to commit sucide. Its always hard and as i have been told i nedd to get the strength to leave for me and the kids.

No mattet what happens always remember its there choice of what they do and sometimes its hard to take the jump and leave them to it

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE