Concerned in law

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mandy-jenkins
      Participant

Thanks for letting me join. My daughter in law drinks 2 bottles of wine every day sometimes more. I said 18 months ago I was worried after seeing her put it in a cup one morning. She went mad and so did her mother saying how dare I suggest she’s alcoholic when she would see it as she visits every day. I may add her parents are both heavy drinkers and drink daily. I know she drives under the influence but catching her is difficult. Is she an alcoholic?

givein
      Participant

Hi, I am new to this forum too, as the wife of an alcoholic seeking support.Sadly, after reading your post, I do think your daughter in law is an alcoholic.The giveaway is the classic having a drink first thing in the morning, and she obviously knows she has a problem, why else hide it in a cup?

I wish I could tell you some magic way to cure her, but I can’t.Have you spoken to your son about your worries? He may need your support.

Best wishes and good luck!

mandy-jenkins
        Participant

Thanks for your response. I have spoken to him but I don’t think he’s bothered tbh. She is very strong willed and he is the opposite. I agree she does know she has a problem and her mother does too. Her Mum dad and sibling all have a drink problem. The family are sadly in denial. I choose not to visit and have the kids stay with me to have that quality time with them. I try teach them right from wrong and hope they process it as they get older. I’ve even thought about social services and the police in the hope they catch her driving. The house is a midden. It’s a sad situation. ????

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE