Could a addict choose you over drugs?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      redfox20
      Participant

I write this as feeling a lost cause at the moment are their success stories? Can a addict choose you over their addiction could you be enough or the children? My partner has been gone a week now after missing work to go on a binge, after speaking to he’s boss he told me he wasn’t there, later seen at my local pub. My mind cant help wondering if he’s missing us does he care am i wasting my time thinking of him after all he’s probably not thinking of me and i know this but after 9 years two children it’s a bitter pill to swallow. I’m strong i will get through this i have no choice but it’s not easy coming to terms with it, as days go on im getting angry picking up the pieces with the kids & financially. I have text him and told him he clearly needs help and that im stopping contact with the kids and that he needs to sort he’s life out when he does that we can move forward. I’m giving him the silent treatment & him me we haven’t spoke all week does this work or is it making things worse? Our sons bday is this coming weekend he will prob text to come up but I’m going to tell him im not comfortable with this and that ill let him know when I feel ready to sort out arrangements with the kids, but right now we need space so I can concentrate on myself and the children. I’ve also said i will talk/support you when you feel ready to get the help you need with addiction am i doing the right things is there any right way to deal with this?

dot
      Participant

In a nut shell no he can’t choose you over drugs.

My ex wife said this to me in November its drugs or me.

She’s now an ex wife… I’m clean now but too little to late for me.

Hope you get everything sorted and things start to get better for you I really do.

An addict will always usually choose the drug.

redfox20
        Participant

Thank you for your reply, since this post ive heard that he has said to he’s mum he’s got no problem so unfortunately he’s too far into the grips of he’s addiction now only he can get himself out. I’m now coming to terms with this and putting me and the children first from now on. Thank you, hopefully it doesn’t ruin us completely. Well done for being able to get clean it’s by no means a easy feat, All the best to you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE