Crystal meth addiction

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      lindylou
      Participant

Hi ????

I’m new here and wondered if anyone had any experiences with a loved one addicted to crystal meth.

I have a son who told me 5 years ago he had a problem with this substance, he suffers from mental health issues (anxiety psychosis ) I read all the information I could on this drug and originally thought that the drug was the cause of the Psychosis. He was seen by the early intervention team for psychosis who said various traumatic experiences had caused it and not the drugs, and he uses the drug to self medicate.

It’s a viscous circle mental health can’t help without him been free of the drugs, and he needs help with mental health to cope with his dependence on the drug.

The psychosis is now becoming a major problem and and I keep saying that I now think that the situation with the drug is causing more and more psychotic episodes, where he thinks his electrical equipment is bugged and the voices are persecutory and berate him on a daily basis. He’s also talked of it been spirits and even I am in on it.

I honestly don’t know how I can help him I have offered to pay for him to go to a private rehab, but all he says is that the mental health problems will still be there when he came out. We even got as far as visiting a couple and because they wouldn’t answer his questions he says they would be of no use.

He says he does not get psychosis every time he uses so it can’t be that.

I know this has been longwinded but I thought I needed to give as much info as I could.

Thank you for listening.

Lindy

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE