Daughter avoids daylight

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Apple2000
      Participant

I would be grateful for advice: young adult daughter, dropped out of education, not working, doesn’t like daylight – spends all day in bed with blackout blinds down, goes out late at night, eats very little limited food types, very underweight – BMI around 15, intermittent self harming for years – body covered in scars, wears baggy black only,no longer smells of weed, admits to cocaine at clubs and occasional shrooms only. Too exhausted to do anything. Been for multiple job interviews and never got a job. V limited medical input. Is the current presentation drug related? How can I get help if she won’t engage and barely speaks or looks at me and blames me?

kikis mum
      Participant

Hi I don’t know what the answer is but just wanted to let you know You are not alone. My daughter is very similar only her drug of choice Is ketamine.   She was diagnosed with autism at 16 and I wonder if this complicates things further as she doesn’t seem to understand the gravity of what she does.  IDK maybe it’s generation thing.  Whatever the case it’s terrifying and painful to feel so helpless and hated (yes I feel like she hates me or at least shows no signs that she cares about me or her dad who she rarely sees).   Anyway like I said I’m sorry I don’t know the answer but it seems a lot of us are in the same boat and that although drugs problems are not new, it seems to me that this generation are different as many apparently don’t care what their parents think.

eddie123
      Participant

There is an excellent charity that I know can support you – they have a remote family support group, and also provide free treatment for addicts struggling with addiction issues. To read more about them and receive the help please see link https://adaptoxford.org.uk/the-icarus-programme/

you can fill in the referral form on their website.

Apple2000
      Participant

Thanks for the above.  I know she has used ketamine in the past, so may still be using, idk. She also has self diagnosed herself as autistic, but doesn’t want to engage with services. Idk what difference a formal diagnosis would make? I will look follow the link and hopefully get further help.  Good to have others reaching out to help 🙂

kikis mum
      Participant

The autism thing is still puzzling to me (she had also self diagnosed and although I couldn’t see it, I asked for an assessment due to the fact she was convinced that she was trans for a few years).  Until very recently she was also unable to get a job (her bf got her a few hours  at the restaurant he works in where she doesn’t have to talk to anyone so seems to suit her) and I had been thinking that at least with her diagnosis she would be able to claim a disability benefit if she couldn’t get a job.  Good luck and come back if you need to chat.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE