Daughter is on Ketamine

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Footiefan66
      Participant

My 19 year old daughter is on Ketamine and we are at our wits end of what we can do. She has started having bladder problems which is worrying and gets really defensive when confronted. We need to find help but are struggling to know where to turn. Any help or advice we would be extremely grateful.

AMB123
      Participant

I’ve just registered on here. I’m also a parent if a child with a ketamine addiction. They are also suffering severe bladder issues. I’m sorry I can’t offer you advice but I want you to know you absolutely aren’t alone and I truly hope you were able to find some kind of support x

Floster1976
      Participant

My son passed away 5 weeks ago from ketamine abuse, he also had severe bladder issues, get her medical attention ASAP, be honest with the hospital, my son was taking it in the end for the pain he was in, she needs to have an honest upfront conversation with you about the symptoms she is getting and why she is taking it,  that way you can discuss this with the medical staff.  My son was on the waiting list for a lidocaine infusion for pain therapy and an operation to reconstruct his bladder if that didnt work.  Send her to rehab if she wants to quit, I know it’s expensive but there is no price on a life, good luck and hope she can get off this devil drug ????

Floster1976
      Participant

Theres a section on reddit,

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ketamineaddiction?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Please read all this and get your daughter to read the comments, this is no drug to mess with

Caroline0808
      Participant

I have a son and daughter both addicted to ketamine so feel completely for you both, I feel utterly helpless in what I can do I have tried everything, my fear is that I lose them to these vile drug its a daily constant struggle of stress and worry, always here to talk.

suki1066
      Participant

hi , my daughter is 34 and addicted to ketamine too. i believe she has had 2 4 year stints on it- last year she had her 4th emergency surgery resulting in an ileostomy she was malnourished and at deaths door . i didn’t know the extent of her drug taking and even when it was staring me in the face it’s taken me months to get my head around it. she has also bladder kidney urinary tract issues and gone through the menopause due to malnutrition. i know she will die at some point, her 2 children now 17 and 10 have gone through hell and i have done what i can to help them. I don’t feel i have done  enough the reality is i have done what i can. i have spoken with social services and they are working with her but i absolutely know she is still doing it. today my youngest grandson told me , mum had 2 of those little bags with the white dust in it and a little straw on her purse , what is it grandma? it was the same as the white dust before .

i hate her for it for the absolute miserable life this inflicts on us all- the pain we all feel is all consuming

i’m not saying anything to her about it as she will gas light her son and i don’t want him to not tell me anything else- when me and husband were on holiday last year he rung us at 1am crying, she was on it and we were in greece it was horrible and she told him afterwards that there was a bad spirit in the house that made her behave as she had – monged out , well you know what happens.

move realized where i have enabled, been co dependant, i’ve shouted begged screamed now all i want to do is cut off all ties . if the youngest wasn’t there i would. the older one went to live with his dad in the end i told him to save himself he carnt save her

i am writing this just to get something out of me , i know you be experiencing the same feelings and hurt ????

just wanted to say to you all , hello your not alone

xSARAx963x
      Participant

I recently asked my son who opened up and told me about all the different drugs he’s tried and how they affected him differently.

I asked him because I was interested to know, exactly what it was people got from here substances, in order to understand how they might be helped.

I first came across ketamine in the 1980’s working at a wildlife park where we used it to tranquilise animals prior to surgery and sometimes to put them to sleep. Later I was asked in the last decade if I wanted to try ketamine infusion for my fibromyalgia as pain relief ???????? I said hell no… it’s a thing.

My son informed me that as a ‘recreational’ drug, ketamine made him and his friends feel like they were on another planet. Hallucinating whilst being incapacitated – you can’t move he said. He said it takes you into another world, where there’s no pain. A trip, an escape. Each time is different and you get less bad trips which is unfortunate because bad trips often put you off doing it again.

He told me people do it to escape problems. So counselling might help remove underlying causes and stop the need to escape? Just a thought.

But yes to concur with others, not a drug to mess with and they need to chose help or ship out before they’re permanently damaged. Getting them to open up is so important.

????????

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE