Desparate

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mccuts17
      Participant

I dunno what to do it appears that my sister in law is addicted to cocaine and alcohol. She has been estranged from her husband since Christmas last year and it turns out he was abusing steroids and cocaine. He made accusations about her but we never thought it was true. She struggled with depression relating to her mother’s death. Then in June she made an attempt on her life. She had intended to not survive by taking the medication over an entire weekend when the children were with their Dad. This resulted in the children staying with their Dad’s parents and the Dad when he was home from working away. Very toxic then there were lies becoming apparent and situations where she was getting drunk or something else was involved. She admitted to me that she had issues with drugs and alcohol and would seek help. She hasn’t it. She is now asking her dad for money for bills £1000. He said she would need to provide the bills and she said to get lost. Then she apologised. This was 3 weeks ago and then tonight I get a message with a gas and electric bill for saying her dad said he would pay it. I don’t know what to do as I know she has been away overnight at a wedding and was Christmas shopping today. Surely you pay your bills before going away or shopping for Christmas. I am worried that this is enabling her and what happens next month. I dunno what to do now.

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your story and sorry that you are in a difficult situation with your sister in law. If you would like some support and advice maybe you would like to contact us at Icarus Trust. We are a charity that offers help and guidance to people in your situation, dealing with addiction in the family.

If you get in touch one of our trained and experienced Family Friends would be in touch and maybe talking with them would help you to know what to do.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

Good luck.

mccuts17
      Participant

Thank you so much for replying I will do.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE