Desperate mum

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      safeinbed
      Participant

I don’t know how to help my son and his family. Once again he has become a stranger – angry, violent and abusive – he’s a functioning addict, coke, alcohol, painkillers. Works hard and provides for his family, but he is horrid! He is at risk of losing everything! We love him dearly as we remember the beautiful loving person he can be! And we love our grandchildren and his wife. I have been in bed unable to do my job for 2 days due to the trauma at the week end and the strength this takes out of me! It has been 20 years on and off but it’s forever in the back of your mind. Always waiting for the frantic call from his wife for us to go round and defuse the situation. We think we have got through to him and he has taken some steps to help himself – are there any books he could read – he is easily influenced so when he is being good he is so enthusiastic about living clean ( addicted almost! ). It is so hard to watch – it takes over my life and sucks the joy out of every single occasion – I’m heartbroken, ashamed and so very tired. Thank you for listening x

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE