Destruction

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      john-doe
      Participant

Hello everyone. I will try and make this very short and sweet. I am a 19 year old drug addict who has put my parents through so much the last couple years. I would just like to say thank you to you all who’s own children don’t. As many of you, my parents have caught me quite a few time either being drunk or high on marijuana. But there was thousands of times they did not catch me. In my case, my drug use started and got so bad due to peer pressure
      So to most parents blaming thselves, I can honestly say it probably is not your fault. Now for my story. I was an A student as well as actively participating in football and wrestling. I wasnt using.g drugs or alcohol but began to rebel. My friends however were. Sophomore year I drank with friends for the first time. I felt great. It became a tradition from that point to drink every weekend. The only time I would smoke marijuana was if I was piss drunk. That soon changed to a couple time a week to everyday, several times. I began stealing from my parents to support my habits, and got caught several times. After a while of thus behavior, I got over my fear of trying other drugs. Such as Xanax Vicodin and such. I would pop a few pills whenever I could , whether it be 5 months apart or just days. Next I went on to try drugs like MDMA LSD magic mushrooms, and such. I’ve on done shrooms once bit the other two several times. Along side my slowly growing taste to alcohol and marijuana. I began not commingle home after school to drink and sometimes not come home for a couple days at a time, drinking on weekends not listening nor caring what my parents had to say.

john-doe
      Participant

Sorry accidentally posted early but to continue I eventually got kicked out soon after my 18th birthday which led to my dad bailing me out of jail for auto burglary a few days later. I was arrested tazed and charged with 4 felony charges. I was ashamed. I wanted to show my parents I was still the good kid with good ambition bit I continued to just smoke and drink the next year until my case ended. I was put on probation and had to do drug treatment. I successfully did drug treatment and was sober for some sixty odd days of everything. I felt great
      I wasn’t gonna drink or smoke ever again, I was so happy sober. But the addiction snick up on me and I began smoking marijuana every few days and drinking when I could get away with it, usually by myself. This went on for maybe two weeks before the worst day of my life. I stole 8 Xanax, ground them up and swallowed them. The whole day was a blur but I stole Jewelery, and broke things in my parents home. My father showed up at my friends hours later to get me and he was pissed. I didn’t know why, I had no memory of what I did. He brought me home to show me the mess and yell and ask where his dead fathers Jewelery was. I didn’t remember taking it, and honestly thought someone broke on and took it
      I was kicked out right then and there. Weeks later I put the pieces together and I realize I did do these terrible things. I do not no what to do. I am at my lowest. I belong in prison or something when I’m on drugs. I love to be sober but the temptation to be high beats that sometimes. I would like some tips from you parents on here as to what I should do. I am not looking for forgiveness I just want them to know I lovethem even when it seems I don’t. I want them to know I am sorry for being such a fuck up. I want them to know I am ASHAMED of what I have done. I don’t know what to do anymore. I haven’t talked to my parents since the incident because I don’t know what to say and am scared. All I know for sure is I deserve what has happened and I wish I never messed with drugs nor alcohol. God, forgive me.

cant-take-no-more
      Participant

Hey John Doe, As a parent, I have been in the same shoes as your parents..Its hard for us to see our kids mess up time and time again. Addiction doesnt just touch the addicted it touches everyone else too……You deserve to lead a clean fullfilled life, you deserves to make those dreams you have come true, and you deserve to be CLEAN…Only you can do that, once your clean the rest will fall in to place with alot of hard work……It all depends on how much you want it!!!!!! Hunni the first step is recognise your problem……Perhaps write mom and dad a letter..They are obviously hurting, but one thing I do know is they love you very much and only want the best for you…..take care hunni, your road will be long one, but I know with time you will get there…have strength and belief in yourself, and seek the help you need xxx

sad-and-tired
      Participant

your mum and dad must be heartbroken, contact them and tell them how ashamed you are of what you are doing and how much you love them. You have to want to be helped before they can help you and I am sure that they will be by your side the minute they know you are ready to accept the help you need. My son stole my jewellery when he was 18 I now understand why he did it and I wish I had pressed charges not because I want to hurt him but maybe if I had he wouldn’t be in the situation he is now. Good luck sweetheart, you have a bright future ahead but kick those substances xxx

anarette
        Participant

Hi I know you posted a while back but Im new here so reading through posts.I understand about the health problems as my husband had oesophageal bleeding and had hep c and cirrhosis and now has started taking heroin again.
        Its a hopeless situation.I feel for you.But at this stage I cant watch while he kills himself.Like you my husband and know one and no family .If I kick him out he will go to a homeless shelter and will probably give up all hope and die.But I cant watch him commit suicide and bury him.I will feel partly responsible for his death in that I made him comfortable to keep taking drugs.Its a tragedy for you .Im so sorry for your heartbreak.Death is permanent and final .That is why you are hanging on cos you know there is no hope after death.Your husband is killing himself .If he carries on drinking you know he wont live long.
        You must decide what you want todo.You can either be there for him at the end or leave him now before it reaches that point.
        The fact that his health problem doesn’t scare him to stop means that he has given up hope to some extent.
        If you love him and you have the strength to do it then be by his side ,show him love and care ,come to terms with his weakening condition and be there for him . If you don’t have the strength then part ways now before it gets any worse.I understand how you feel because my husband is also having liver disease and is very ill .Sometimes when it is this bad , only an epiphany of some kind can wake them up.It has happened but its rare.I hope your husband will have a wake up call and save himself .Take it easy on yourself.hugs

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE