Detachment from heroin husband

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      stephaniiie
      Participant

So I taught I was helping my husband after he asked for help. He has spend all our income on heroin, no consideration for our children’s welfare. No rent paid in months.

I found all the drug paraphernalia and he basically begged me for help

So at the time I tried to help but in fact I was enabling him

So after he rings me from the doctors to tell me he is to start suboxone in two weeks but apparently the doctor said continue using until treatment commence.

Well you have to be clean 36hrs prior to treatment

He was also givin dizapam TDS to obviously help with the withdrawals

So I made a decision to safe guard my children and possibly save his life in the process.

I told him to leave. He will not see me or his children again until he is stable.

It was a hard decision but I was suffocated and worn out, knowing when someone is lying to you when your trying to support them is exhausting

The decision I made to separate us wasn’t easy, it could of went two ways: 1) complete anger, denial, resentment and bury himself deeper into the drug or 2) fight for the good life and family he once had, give him something to focus on while he is trying to recover

I feel good tho in myself, I took time off work and feel I can breath. I’m focusing on my children as they have suffered. I’m actually too busy to sit around and dwell on my failed marraige

I feel a little guilty that I’m enjoying his absence but his addiction had drained me.

Has anyone else here have had a problem with heroin? Is there much success recovery stories or do they all end the same?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE