Does it get easier?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      louise1983
      Participant

I was with an alcholic and a heroin addict for 5 years made me all the promises in the world and all this man has ever done is taken from me, hes left me in serious debt.this man has mentally abused me for years, but he gets to move on with his life with a new partner, while hes abandoned his children and left me pregnant. This man has destroyed me I have been seeing a therapist for months, I feel I’m slowly getting there. In the last couple of weeks I have been feeling very upset, I think its because I’ve just had his baby, I have never felt so alone, even with the support of my family. But then I look at my baby and I think how could someone turn there back on something so precious. I have not even told him his son has been born, he does not have a right to know. I look at my children and I think to myself I have the best of him in front of him, hes a complete and utter mess.Hes blocked me on everything, because mummy told him to.

I think it’s very sad he does everything mummy tells him. I have been there for him for years I’ve taken everything hes thrown at me. I have forgiven him time and time again for things hes done to me.

The funny thing is the women hes with has a child he does not support the children he has with me. I work full time, I paid for everything I just feel so used.x

icarus-trust
      Participant

Really sorry to hear how badly you’ve been treated and used by your ex partner. I am glad to hear that you are getting the support of a therapist but if you would like any further support, perhaps an understanding listening ear, please contact us at Icarus Trust. We are a charity that provides support for people dealing with addiction in their family and have trained and experienced people you could talk with.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

All the best to you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE