dont knw where to turn

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      babydollmumma86
      Participant

Hi I’m new at this so forgive me my husband has a drink problem and I’ve tried helping him I even arranged for him to goto an aa meeting he said he went the once but not mentioned or been since when he drinks he gets so angry and just argues and makes me out to be the enemy he’s so horrible but sober he’s da best thing ever I’ve begged and pleaded and even tried to help but now he trays drinking hides the bottles and lies about where he’s going and trays to make out he’s not been drinking when I know him well enough to know when he has a drink I love him so much but don’t know how much more I can take he has yet to go a week sober he manages a day or two but then the lies start and he drunk again he just lies all the time

shamrock73
      Participant

My husband the same , he hides the bottles even in my sons room , which is why I left the house . I still <3 him and want him better but the lies ?? Drive me mad x I can understand kind regards Michelle x

icarus-trust
        Participant

Hi Nala,
        Thank you for posting your story. I am so sorry to read of the bad impact your parent’s drug taking is having on you and am sad that you feel alone in dealing with this situation.
        May be you would like to contact The Icarus Trust, as we are a charity that offer support to people like yourself, who are trying to cope with the addiction of a loved one.
        Talking with one of our experienced people, who have a lot of understanding of what you are dealing with, may help you to work out some next steps, begin to move forward and , hopefully, not feel so alone.
        You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org
        I hope you get in touch. Good luck!

babydollmumma86
      Participant

Thank you michelle its nice to knw im not alone how did u find the strength to leave i just keep making excuses for my husband and i dont knw why xx

icarus-trust
        Participant

Hi Milo,
        i am so sad to read of the nightmare that you are living through because of your son’s addiction. It must be very hard for you and I can understand how brokenhearted you must feel.
        It may help to get in touch with The Icarus Trust as we are a charity that provides support for people who are having to deal with the addictive behaviours of a loved one, because we know the impact their addiction causes on the people around them.
        You could be put in touch with one of our experienced trained people, and talking may help you to find a way ahead.
        You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org
        All the very best.

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi. Am so sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. Sadly there are lots of people that are in the same situation. The Icarus Trust is a charity that supports those who are having to deal with the addiction of a loved one. We have experienced trained volunteers called ‘family Friends’ who have loads of experience and if you contact us you could talk to one of them. It is a free service and it might help to talk to someone who understands what you are going through.
      I hope that this might help you. Good luck!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE