Drinking Problem??! I think I have.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cheekiegirl
      Participant

This is really hard,,,, I can’t explain my whole life story in a message, but right now,,, I am 47 yr old woman who generally has her ‘stuff’ together, and yet,,,, has been struggling with her drinking since last Oct,,,, 1st lockdown I sailed through,,,, (well I felt in control))))) this time round I feel out of control and I don’t like it. I can easily drink 2 bottles of Prosecco a day,,,,, get up and get on with it, and keep convincing myself that I am OK. This is not right is it? I don’t want sympathy,,,,,, I just wanna know that there is someone else out there who may be in the same boat as me.

ivy
      Participant

Hi Cheekygirl,

I’m in a different boat on another ocean.

There are many people drinking too much in these uncertain times. Difference is, you have recognised that you have a problem. Get in touch with your GP, be brave and tell them what you have said here. They will point you in the right direction, arrange a councillor for you and give you advice.

Maybe you could try one of the online AA meetings?

Hopefully others with similar experiences to what you are going through will post here to offer support.

Take care

Ivy x

carpet
      Participant

On a boat near by.. I drink a bit to much for a while but since lockdown the 2nd I have found I have been drinking a bottle of wine almost every evening with a shandy before and a large whiskey after.. I feel so ashamed of how much I drink.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE