Ever heard of Johnny Cash

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      cashhurt
      Participant

When my nephew was 8 years of age we had a birthday party at my home for my son who was 2 years younger. Party was no big deal family and a few friends. BBQ and beer was menu for adults and hotdogs and punch for the kids. My nephew was a normal hyper kid who couldn’t stand still and was a better than average athlete.

His mom, who I will speak more of later was there and also his dad who also will have a part in my story. I remember that the adults were all sitting around the kitchen table a little before sundown as the party was winding down. My nephew came in, covered in playful sweat and went up to the table and proceeded to grab his dad’s beer. I remember telling my wife what was happening and I remember what happened next so clearly.

His dad told him to take the beer outside and finish it and he started laughing saying this would be a good learning experience for him.

Looking back at this day, 21 years ago, I think it was either the beginning or part of his initial education.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE