Ever heard of Johnny Cash

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      cashhurt
      Participant

So this first rehab center was the first of a revolving door of relapses and new rehab centers. By this time he was now a senior and his problems were not as easy to sweep under the table. He had now graduated from alcohol, to pot, to mouthwash, to cleaners, to pills, to meth.

But now, HIS problem had become everyone else’s in the home, school, with relatives and friends and in the community. You see, as the needs change and the problem grows so does the need for ways to finance. I can tell from my experience, there is almost always one financial resource in your home and it’s not your jewelry, lawn mover, tv, vcr, etc etc. no, those come next. I am talking about the atm that most of have in our homes and most of us either don’t know about or do nothing because it creates a little normalcy for us. That atm is the person who is termed the “enabler”. We had one, who from the very beginning was hiding bottles, and homemade bongs, would keep his troubles secret even from his mom or dad who at this point were more MIA than present. From the very beginning his grandmother, and I sure her intentions can be justified by some, was providing him with the alcohol and drug money he needed so he wouldn’t have to suffer. I even found that she smuggled some pills into a rehab center so he would be more comfortable during rehab.

But even after we knew what was happening we didn’t stop her. It’s like you are watching the same movie time after time waiting for a different ending. But instead all we did was point fingers and whisper our disapproval. And, until his final days she continued to provide him with any money she could to keep him from stealing which he eventually move to.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE