Ex drink driving with kids

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      hotchoc
      Participant

What can I do? He is an alcoholic (denies this) but regularly daily drinks several beers from mid morning and then gin then red wine. He drives our kids home every Friday, Saturday night. They are age 13 and 16 and old enough to know Dad drinks but they out of loyalty protect him. My daughter told me tonight she smells alcohol on his breath and is scared to “make him mad” by telling him she’s scared of him driving. My solicitor is unhelpful and says that I’m unlikely to be able to prove it. What can I do?

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi,

Thank you for sharing and sorry that you have this worry due to your partner’s drinking. It must be very scary for you and your children. If you would like to talk with someone who would understand what you are going through please contact Icarus Trust as we are a charity that offers help to people dealing with addiction in their family. One of our Family Friends who are trained and experienced would get in touch which might help you to know what to do next.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

All the best.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE