Excuses

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      nova1985
      Participant

Short post, so husbands latest excuse for drinking this time is so he can prove to himself he can stay sober. ( he was in hospital for a week after drink made him fit, I have another post ok this. ) then he drank again then had two days sober then this. A few of my friends are telling me to leave. He ignores his friends who are trying to help, and he refuses to call the doctor or go AA.

mily
      Participant

I’m so sorry it’s hard to stay sober for even a day. If you love him please acknowledge the 2 days sober accomplishment.I know it’s unfair but try to not be judgmental. You’ve probably been through more than I can imagine be kind love and love yourself for helping and trying

janet111
      Participant

My partner nearly died of alcoholic hepatitis 3 years ago he stayed of it for 7 months then gradually the episodes got more frequent he goes for 1 to 2 weeks of then couple months on a litre of vodka a day I don’t know how he survives he hardly eats I don’t argue anymore I try to encourage him to stop but he doesn’t listen to me all I can do is be here as I’m afraid if I leave it will be the end for him try stay positive

nova1985
      Participant

He has been cutting down a lot and hopefully will be on a at home detox programme

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE