exhausted mother

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      pat2
      Participant

we have a 33 year old son who has drug and gambling addiction and I am mentally and physically exhausted,also brokenhearted as he has 4 beautiful children,at the moment he has left again ,and the phone calls and txts have started for money,if I gave a list of flat and houses deposits , cars training courses ,always the promises of a new start from him, I know deep down he will never change ,so have both decided to cut all contact with him, as the abuse he gives us ,we should have done years ago why do I feel so sad

ruby
      Participant

i also have a 37 year old son who lives with me. for the past 9 years (since i lost my husband) he has stolen countless tv’s, money & anything that he can find to feed his cravings for crack cocaine, on nov 26 i looked into my bank acc & i nearly had a heart attack on finding that in the course of 2 weeks he had stolen £750 from the account, on questioning him he denied it but after a while he admitted to stealing my card when i wasnt looking, he had somehow got my pin number & just thought that i wouldnt realise,HELLO christmas time, things to buy, he lives like all drug addicts in cookoo land. i can understand how you must be feeling because i would feel the same. i keep threatening him with the police but hav’nt got the bottle to do it, but one day i will, its just a matter of time. please try to stop feeling sad, i know it can be physically & mentally exhausting but you have done the right thing, as the saying goes you have to be cruel to be kind. my son has started to get help with nexus & is under the doctors for his mental health. who knows what the future will bring. like all parents, wives, husbands of addicts, never give up & perhaps one day your son will take some sort of responsibility for his actions

cant-take-no-more
      Participant

ADMIN these relationship posts are getting tiresome..it stops real people with problems off, from posting

worriedpartnerx
      Participant

I am the partner of someone who is heavily dependent on cannabis, we have a three month old daughter and that has not made him get help for his dependecy. He used money given to her to buy drugs and paraphanallia with it and hasn’t repayed it. I can npt bring her to see him because he is either high or has drugs on him. It affects his moods, his appetitex everything.

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Pat,
      I can understand how sad you feel about your son’s addiction. If you would like to talk to someone who would understand what you are going through please contact The Icarus Trust. We are a charity that try to support people like yourself who are affected by a loved one’s addiction.
      You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org
      Good luck with everything.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE