Fearful

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by glo9.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      glo9
      Participant

My brother has been an addict for several years. He has been jailed twice this year for drug possession and trafficking. He will not get help for his addiction. He also has mental illness for which he has sought treatment, but I’m not sure if he’s taking the medication (prescribed to him treat his mental illness) or selling it. In addition, he has a temper and becomes volatile, lacks coping skills, and has hatred, anger and meanness toward others. As my dad and I have discussed, it’s like he becomes possessed when he becomes angry. He scares people!

I have helped him numerous times to make a better life for himself, and I’ve always urged him to go to rehab. He promised me he would get help the past two times I’ve bailed him out of jail, but the drugs have a hold on him.

He’s living with my dad, who is also supporting two of my brother’s homeless friends. My dad feels (as do I) that if he doesn’t support my brother then he will not survive out on the street/being homeless. There is also the serious potential that my brother will go to prison, which my dad doesn’t feel he will survive, either.

Sadly, I can not think of one redeeming quality other than wanting to help his friends. He is very mean to me and brings me much unhappiness. I have a heart condition and needed to cut of communication with my brother for the sake of myself, my husband and children.

What to do? My brother does not want help – he gets very confrontational when someone reaches out to him – but if he does not get help, the outcome could be his death due to self-inflicted harm or a drug overdose.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE