Feeling very lonely

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      catgen26
      Participant

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years and in the last two he has been getting really low. He has suffered trauma in the past – losing his niece when she was 9 and it affected the whole family.

Since being with him I have lost both my mum and dad. Him – he has lost his grandad and a friend. In this time he has been drinking a lot. Not everyday but 2/3 times a week. Staying up all night, missing work, taking drugs etc.

He has refused point blank to seek counselling and he has been through all this with his mum so he knows what alcohol can do to family and relationships.

I have tried to be supportive, all the while trying to grieve for my parents, my brother is a alcoholic too and has been struggling as well. My mum was one, so for me it feels constant and like its strangling me.

Tonight after having to see him drink really heavily, getting annoyed and storming off when out, then ignoring me on the Sunday I come home from work tonight and he is drinking again. I’ve told him to go and do it somewhere else as I physically can’t do it. He’s left and I feel so sad.

I am overwhelmed with all my emotions at the moment and I really don’t know what to do. I feel so lonely

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE