Feelings of despair

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      didi82
      Participant

This is the first time I have ever been in a forum like this but I feel that I need to talk to others who are going through a similar thing without feeling judged. My husband has had problems on and off for the last 7 years, we have split up numerous times due to his secret drinking but I have always gave in and taken him back as I do still love and care for him. He has sought professional help previously however whenever something goes wrong he turns to alcohol. He has never given up drinking altogether as he feels he isn’t an alcoholic but I don’t think he can control it once he starts. A couple of months ago he was breathalysed at work and was found to have a high volume of alcohol in his system. He broke down when he told me he had been suspended and it seemed to have given him a wake up call however I am now constantly checking his bag, pockets, car for evidence of his drinking and it is making me feel very anxious. I haven’t shared my feelings with anyone so I don’t know if how I am feeling is normal and how do I get through this without making myself ill

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE