Finally refusing to have my adult adult son back home

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cmd
      Participant

After years of trying to help my now 40 year old son through problems caused by drug use including bringing him back to live with me with only one rule “no drugs in my house” a rule broken again and again.  I cannot take it any more. Family wanted me to make him leave ages ago but I couldn’t bear the thought of him being homeless. He is in hospital now after major incident two days ago involving a drug induced psychotic episode  and trying to kill himself.  live on my own and do have friends for support but  they don’t really know the horror of the clean up I must do this week or the fear I have for him and the heartbreak I am feeling now.  I need to refuse for him to come back. Can anyone help me go through this?

navy
      Participant

Hi cmd

i dint think this is a easy situation to be in. You must be so torn and heart broken. However you’re right you must not allow him to live in your home.
      Can you get him into rehab? He needs serious help but only if he wants t kick this disgusting drug that ruins lives. His mind is twisted and sounds like he doesn’t believe in himself. Therapist will talk to him and see what or why he feels the need to have a thus drug.

you cannot do this alone. You need help too you need to find a therapist to talk too whom can help you get through this.

look after number one YOU.

i wish you all the luck and will be thinking of you

Love Navy

I hate this drug and what is does to our loved ones.
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>stay strong xxx</p>

FrazzlePop24
      Participant

Hi cmd,

I know this cannot be easy, especially at what s supposed o be such a nice time of year but, you’re doing the right thing. I have had many a christmas ruined by my brother who is a drug (opioid) and alcohol addict.

Every occasion I can think of has been ruined by him and this is no exaggeration. I feel like, had my mother took the action you’re taking now, we would not be living our lives in fear of a 33 year old man-child.

Our mother is on the verge of a nervous breakdown, our other brother shakes like a leaf every time he’s in the room and our little sister hates him.

We’re all on eggshells daily as we don’t know what version of him we’re going to get – on top of all that, he goes weeks without bathing and the whole house stinks.

Honouring this boundary is going to, if nothing else keep you safe and less anxious.

Stick to your guns, and make him aware when the time is right, the only way he gets access again is when he has been through a robust rehab programme.

Look after number one, because he always will.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE