For my friends…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cant-take-no-more
      Participant
      cant-take-no-more
      Participant

SORRY IT SAY THE FOLLOWING……
      You don’t ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn’t matter if someone is a relative, childhood friend, lover, work colleague, or new aquaintance. YOU DON’T have to make room for someone who makes you feel small, or causes you pain. Its one thing if a person own up to their behaviour and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and continues to treat you in a harmful way, they NEED TO GO!!! BY, AddictsToday.com

sarasan
      Participant

Thank you for these words, I’ve been feeling very confused and disheartened for a long time. My brother has been an addict for 20 years, he’s just started a detox course 3 days a week, but when he’s not there, he’s still using, be it valium or alcohol. He lives with my Mum, and as I am her carer, I have to be around him. This has become increasingly difficult, as he is totally self absorbed and very resentful. Who knows maybe he’ll eventually stop? Just glad I stumbled across this site. Thanks again!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE