Funcional alcoholic dad

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      romati
      Participant

Hi!! I am married a yo a very functional alcoholic, he is a good provider, he is a good dad, he is kind but he is an alcoholic. For 30 years now we have been dealing with the same , good times and times were he can’t control himself as well as the good times. It’s lonely, it’s sad but I am not writing about me, I am writing about my kids, the boy older one he is autistic which of course doesn’t help to the alcohol. The younger 13 years old girl is a nice beautiful girl , she live she’s dad, fun dad. He has teach her how to serve a glass of wine or an apperol spritz , I know she just wants to be close to him and she feels Useful and she thinks she is doing something good for him. I know he is emotionally draining impaired and is his way to connect

I have talk to him but I don’t get trough

Of course he is alcoholic and he will never ever recognised that he does something wrong

And because he is very functional a successful guy , who never mess up and it’s always a winner (ahhhh)

I am just the crazy controlling party pooper

My question si how do I make him listen, and I just want him to listen about the dangers to expose her kid to alcohol , about how she may have the gene for it, about how is better for her own good not have any ripe of contact with alcohol until she is older

I have talk to my girl, she knows now (I never intended for this to happen) but he corner me into talking to her and explain what is alcohol , how does it work and why is bad.

But I need to him to support me in her education

How do I make him listen

Thank you!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE