Functional Alcoholic Partner

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      virgogirl
      Participant

For 4 years I have met the most loving partner, he drinks daily, we don’t live together, he does not cope with stress very well, the last few weeks have been difficult, his ex wife has been in contact demanding more money and now saying doesn’t spend enough time with his daughter, who by the way is always busy when he suggests meeting and on occasions does not answer his calls, he never misses work nor has a drink before or during work but as soon as he is finished he looks for a drink, he lives in his parents house basically in a bedroom, the last 20 months our relationship has went from strength to strength until ex wife, he is now drinking more and at weekends looking for a drink 1st thing in morning, he is not a violent but is becoming angry and agitated never towards me, I also talk him through stuff logically, the other day we went out on a day trip no alcohol I feel as if he was agitated as soon as he dropped me off I’m sure he went to pub, the following day he made a comment that I had said something that upset him he then turned it all round that I always wanted more and was never happy, has now said he wants to end us this was all by text, he did this once before 20 months ago… and came back a few later, I don’t know right thing to do, do I take his stuff over, I am just so upset not thinking straight

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE