Good news with my partner!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      pheonix
      Participant

A while ago i posted about my partner being an alcoholic and his friends were inviting him out everyday and his parents buy him alcohol everyday.

He told me he wanted help cutting down, so i did as much as i could. We started as just 3 days a week he wouldn’t drink and then 4 days no drink, didn’t want to just cut it out straight away because i know he wouldn’t be able to do it.

His stopped seeing the main friend who invited him out every night, well he sees him once or twice a month. He is talking with an old friend who just moved back who wants to help him too so they exercise together. Not sure if his spoken to his parents yet, but even we went out for dinner and he got a soft drink instead (his never done that in the 2 years i have known him) even when his not with me, I heard him talking with his friend on the phone, he hasn’t been drinking every time his been on his own- i’m hoping its true.

I’m hoping he doesn’t go back to how he was, is there any tips or advice I can keep him at this point until his ready to cut back another day?

I’m so glad him friend is actually helping him too, makes it easier than me being on my own. I know 3-4 days a week no drinking don’t sound like cutting back that much but it’s better than everyday 🙂 to me and him, its an achievement.

holton
      Participant

Well done that is a big achievement and I appreciate how difficult it must be. I hope it continues and it’s so uplifting to hear that x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE