Guidance.. please help

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jopdm123
      Participant

You may have seen from previous posts from me that my dad died 14 months ago, I was just starting to learn to live with my dads death by going to private counselling and having my daughter 15 weeks ago…. But my eldest brother killed himself 3 days ago and I just don’t know how to go on… I am heartbroken, I am sad, I’m angry and every single second of the day a different wave of emotions run over me. I don’t know why, I don’t know any answers to my questions and I will never know. I can’t eat, I can’t sleep, I can barely function. I am lucky I have an amazing partner who is holding strong for my daughter… I just don’t know how I will ever be strong again and learn to live with this? Why didn’t he call me? Why didn’t he make any of us aware he was struggling? He has left behind 2 beautiful children. I’m broken

lindyloo
      Participant

Jo, I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Both your dad and now your brother. Such a difficult time for you. I wanted to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

No one can understand what goes on in the mind of someone who is affected by addiction or mental health issues. Please don’t blame yourself for anything that’s happened. They are just tormented souls who don’t know where or who to turn to.

Please look after your own health and well-being particularly now that you have your baby.

Your brother and dad are at peace now and wouldn’t like to see you upset or struggling to cope. There is also bereavement counselling support groups.

Keep in touch, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lx

kate1
      Participant

My son killed himself 7 weeks ago. I am beside myself with pain. He left a 2 year old daughter who shows her drawings to the sky because that’s where her daddy is. I cannot bear this How do you learn to live with this in your life

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE