Heartbroken

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      susanholding
      Participant

So after discovering my daughter’s relapse I’ve had to deal with the usual vile attitude from her..you’d think I’d be used to it now but each time it becomes more painful..she’s back in touch with another user whom decided to bombard me with vile messages..I then went to try and visit my grandkids only to discover the other user was present and they refused to let me in the house..the children are being fed awful things about myself and my partner and have also taken to shouting abuse at me.. I’m so upset and struggling to deal with it

esta
      Participant

Sounds horrendous

Let your grandkids know you are there and love them and your door is always open

Step back

I know that is hard but it sounds like you have become the punchbag that’s not fair or right on any level

She is making choices and you are trying to take the blows of the consequences as mums do but she is hurting you deeply and it is obviously but ultimately not helping her or her addiction

A pattern has evolved

Sometimes by not reacting as expected it makes them stop and think

Be strong

You have to start protecting yourself and look at the situation long term

The kids will begin to think what mum does is normal and maybe need removing from the chaos before it’s too late and the pattern repeats or they witness tragedy

it is her decisions that are hurting and distorting everyone

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind and do the right thing

Wishing you strength

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE