Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      secasey
      Participant

Hi I’m Casey I’m 37….

I need to stop doing this to myself

secasey
      Participant

After reading other people’s stories I need to add the following.

I’ve been a user for 18 years… I have a good job and family but the self destruct button is always there.

I have been suicide twice…. I do get over this but my immediate family would never understand that

I’m tired of feeling like this, but I want to do better

lindyloo
        Participant

Hi Casey, welcome to the forum. Everyone here has a loved one who has addictions and also some people in recovery offering support and advice .

You have taken the first difficult step in admitting you have an addiction and want support. This is a great start.

My son has alcohol and cocaine addictions and currently in early recovery . He registered with local AA and CA groups, does meetings regularly, which you have to do. The fellowship are so supportive and this is the only thing that has kept him clean.

He has a good job also and a family who care about him and he was about to loose it all for cocaine, alcohol and rising debt. Not to mention his mental and physical health.

If you don’t have someone close to support you Casey, please join these groups. They are a lifeline to get back to some form of normality. Please contact the Samaritans if you feel you need more than these support groups.

Stay strong, sending you hugs

Lx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE