Hello. I am struggling with alcohol.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      fields-of-roses
      Participant

I’ve kind of know for a long time. i started drinking about 16 (6 bottles of miller) here and there. Since then I’ve drank pretty much consistently, once or twice a week.

Until about 3 years ago… I split with my kids mother(who never drinks) and moved in to my own place, did the same and then moved in with a new partner.

Since we got together my company went bust and lockdown hit and I’ve been drinking since, maybe 4 times a week for a year and a half. To the point I get hungover for like 3 days after and just drink as soon as I feel ok.

I don’t have any family as I was a child of the system and I’m aware of the issues yet submissive to the urges.

I didn’t want to bore you so I’ve made this short. I just don’t have answers.

debc
      Participant

Hi Fields of Roses,

Welcome to the Forum, it’s a great place to chat to people in similar situations to yourself.

You have made the first move by posting on here, nobody judges, everybody just really wants to help.

The only thing I can suggest is starting with AA, they hold lots of meetings on Zoom, some places might even be open now for face to face meetings. If you go on Zoom, you don’t have to say anything, you can just listen to other people’s stories, which hopefully you will find really good.

Keep in touch on here and know you are not on your own. Take care.

Dx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE