Help!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      joanna12
      Participant

My grown up alcoholic son us currently staying with me for a few days after being made homeless after a suicide attempt. I’m really struggling with everything. He’s drinking in the morning. Usually cheap cider but I’m finding the booze as he has no money and is likely to suffer fits from withdrawing if he doesn’t drink. He has done in the past .Me and hubby are treading on eggshells for fear of another suicide attempt. The last one was a serious attempt and he was lucky to survive. He has mental health issues and self harms badly. Anyone able to throw any advice my way? Thanks in advance

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Joanna,

It sounds really tough what you are going through. I’m so sorry that you are having to deal with so much scary stuff trying to support your son.

If you would like to talk with someone who would understand how you are feeling and what you are going through please contact us at The Icarus Trust.

We are a charity that supports people dealing with the addictions of a person close to them. We have a team of very experienced trained people and if you contact us you could be put in touch with one of them. They would listen and try to help.

You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org

I hope all goes well for you and your son.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE