Help please

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      katie2708
      Participant

My son has been diagnosed with eupd and was taking cocaine earlier in the year to try and help. He saw a psychiatrist in may after a 5 month wait who diagnosed him and was told ‘see you in a few months’. After a lot of arguing, self harm and a drug driving charge i finally thought we had got some improvement and that he was getting stronger. I have just found scales and 4 little bags in his room all empty so am assuming he’s taking again. He’s really struggled with Christmas, we always do since losing his little brother. I don’t know what to do, he won’t talk to me and denies everything. How can i get through to him? Please help

moretolife
      Participant

Im 22, i’ve been taking cocaine for 5 years and i also lost my license through drink driving. My parents gave me the best upcoming they could and we have the best relationship. The enviroment we are growing up in is surrounded by drugs. Once you routinley take it your brain releases more serotonin and similar things, this will over rule any emotion when it comes down to been honest to loved ones. My parents have seen me at my worst and probably feel how you do, only has it took me five years to realise i need to stop it has become very hard. The harsh reality is he needs to be ready and willing, otherwise you’ll be recieving convincing lies.

katie2708
        Participant

Thank you so much for replying and telling your story. I hope that you continue to find your way and you give me hope that there is a way forward. I just hope my son comes to that realisation before any more harm is done. I know he’s still grieving for his brother, they were so close, and seeing a psychiatrist seems so far away. I thought his meds were helping until the last couple of weeks. I’m so pleased you are close to your family and glad you have support. Wishing you a happy life and continued strength x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE