Help please ????

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by jrsd.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      jrsd
      Participant

Hi, looking for some advice on my partners drinking. We have both been drinkers for many years (the long and short of that is I have now been sober for 18m) my problem is getting him to stop. He drinks a bottle of spirits a day and has admitted he is an alcoholic. I have gone down all the roots of being nice, supportive and losing my s**t with him to the point of giving him a date to sort himself out or he can go. Everytime he says he will but shows me little effort on doing so. He is spending £300 a month plus on alcohol and I frequently get told to cut down on things like food shopping because we cannot afford it that week, but he still buys booze. I don’t work due to medical reasons related to my past addiction and rarely leave the house on my own, I get a bit of money which is a lot less a month on what he is spending on alcohol, this leaves me totally frustrated over the whole situation also guilty of telling him to leave but it is having a huge impact on my mental health as well. If I get upset with him I get no response or comfort from him and have not really had much support from him since I have stopped drinking. He has gone 17 days without a drink in the last 18m. I have phone AA this week to try and get him to attend a meeting but with no avail. Any help and advice would be much appreciated as I am at the end of my tether. Thank you ????

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE