Help to get 25 yr old son off Heroin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      janeygoffin
      Participant

My son has MH problems he’s been diagnosed with BPD,about 5 wks ago he met up with an old friend who had always been trouble anyway he hasn’t been home in that time,so 3 night ago he rang to tell me he needed my help as he’s hooked on Heroin and could he come home to get off it drugs frighten me so I said no later that eve I had a suicide txt from him it was absolutely heartbreaking then his phone was off so I called the police to say he was missing and suicidal, they were brilliant and put him out on social media.today he called to say that he wanted the f ing search party to stop he has asked again for my help to get off it please can anyone advise me in any way I will be speaking to his Doc tomorrow I’m at my wits end.

debc
      Participant

Hi Janeygoffin,

Sorry to hear your going through such a hard time with your Son.

I only joined this site yesterday and have had some great people to chat too, and so many people going through exactly the same.

If your Son is asking for help then perhaps he is ready to get serious help, does he say what kind of help he wants?

I don’t know anything about Heroin, my own experience with my Son is cocaine and alcohol.

Speaking to your Sons Doctor is a good starting point, see what he says and go from there.

Let me know how you get on, take care.

Dx

janeygoffin
      Participant

Thank you Debc

I’m very sorry to hear that you are going through a similar situation, my son is heaven knows where at the moment only calling when he wants money which I have stopped giving him he always calls from a withheld number as he doesn’t have a phone of his own, I’m now just playing the waiting game for him to call again for help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE