Help with coping

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      sally1319
      Participant

My 36 year old son has had addiction problems since he was a teenager.
      up until about six months ago as far as I was aware he was using cocaine along with his long term partner. Things had not been great but I thought he was getting better but then things got much worse when I found out they were both smoking heroin and crack cocaine. Everything is spiralling out of control. He lost his driving license, his job. Their two children are now under social services supervision. My son has been going to Turning Point and is on a methadone programme but his partner is in complete denial and he doesn’t want to leave her but at the same time he says he can’t stop unless she wants to.  I feel completely broken inside. I know I need to look after myself and I keep reminding myself I have other children and grandchildren who love me so I am very lucky but I just don’t feel I can ever be happy until my son gets better and I’m struggling to be positive. I still have a good relationship with my son which I am thankful for but some days I feel like I just don’t want to be here anymore which I know is really selfish as I have a wonderful family and friends. I’m just completely worn out with it all

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE