helpless

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      smeeeee
      Participant

I have a daughter who is a heroine addict and has been one for many years, I have helped her all I can to no avail, as I am a pensioner and lived so far away from my family, after a discussion with my son I decided to move nearer to him, I got on so well with him and thought that he would help me through my twilight years, just be closer if I should need help.

I was here for a few weeks and all was going so well till my daughter turned up, she has twisted everything round that she is the victim, she told her brother I used to beat her never helped her and has made me feel so worthless, my son believes everything she tells him, I am so alone here with no friends I wish I had never relocated.

my health has deteriorated I have now got Parkinson’s I used to go to a self help group but I am not able to find one in my area

smeeeee
      Participant

I don’t know if I am allowed to state my area so I could find a friend or two

muzerate
      Participant

I feel for you smeeeee, my son has been a heroin addict for the past 20 years and he has also said that I did terrible things to him. I even started to wonder if it was true, I felt utterly destroyed. However I know I did not do them the same as you did not hurt your daughter. She is being manipulative which is something drug addicts are very adept at doing. Is there not a drug agency which deals with addicts and families in your area where you could talk to someone for some support. You also need to try and talk to your son to make him see that your daughter is sick and to ask himself does he seriously believe that the mother who he loves and wants to help would have been cruel to his sibling. I am so sorry you are having a tough time, I know how it feels. I am now on anti anxiety medication and find I can cope much better. Perhaps a trip to the GP and also try and find a way of building a life for yourself in the new area. Contact your local Age Uk and see what they have in your area. It may be a way for you to meet new people and give you something else to focus on. Good luck

smeeeee
      Participant

I have talked to my son, he does all he can for his sister which is very nice of him but I have told him doing her shopping giving her money enables her to get her drugs so he doesn’t want to know, he thinks that I should be helping her too, I am banging my head against a brick wall, when ever we meet we just argue I have had enough so leave them to it…. I had a great self help group I used to go to before I moved but I am not able to find one here it’s so frustrating, I used to go to the swimming pool a few times a week but I have had to give it up because of my health and I don’t like the gym, my neighbours are not very friendly thanks for reading my blog Muzerate

icarus-trust
      Participant

So sorry to read what you are going through it is really tough. I think it would be good to see your GP for help but also maybe you would like to contact The Icarus Trust. We are a charity that supports the families and friends of addicts. If you contact us we could put you in touch with one of our experienced trained volunteers that you could talk with.
      You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org
      I hope that this helps.

smeeeee
      Participant

Icarus trust I will be in touch thank you

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE