heroin & crack misery.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      suzy
      Participant

Hi I am the mother of a Loving Son who is addicted to crack & heroin. He has been now for almost 20 years of his life. On two occasions during this 20 year period he has gone through 2 detoxs and rehabs the last one in 2009 when he was close to death. Over the last 3 months he has declined terribly into a truly abbhorrent lifestyle. I haven’t been to his flat to see him as I can’t bear to see him being used by others that use, using his flat for somewhere to take drugs and sleep. I have kept in contact though and I tell him everytime I speak to him how much I love him. Christmas is upon us and once again he will not be coming for christmas dinner. This is my own choice which has been very difficult for me as his mum. on a number of occasions he has O/D’d and I have found him and his drugs habit is so vast at present I know he would spend the day visiting the bathroom where I would be frightened to death of him not coming back. Yesterday I went to him and although his flat was immaculate, he had some food I noticed how bad his heroin addcition is. He has lost most of the veins in arms and is now injecting into his neck. I am heartbroken all over again and cannot sleep properly. What do I do now? My husband says he will leave if I bring him here, I can’t keep making the 21 mile round trip to see him destroying himself in this way, yet he is my only Son, he was sexually abused as a child (which has contributed to this drug use) and he feels himself that death would be his only way out now. Help, what can I do?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE