Hi

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      alex1111
      Participant

Hi am new to the thread and think I’m a cocaine addict in denial, I am a family man with a wife and 2 children and like to think of myself as in control. But over the past 2/3 years I have been taking cocaine quite regularly (once or twice a week) although I do not crave it every day I just can’t shake the habit! I keep telling my self this is the last time I’m going to have it but after 4/5 days I find my self coming up with excuses why to get some I.e. the football is on or I’m meeting friends for a drink. I’m desperate to knock it on the head for my kids sake but just can’t seem to do it. It makes me feel like I’m a bad parent even though I do not put it before my kids but I don’t want my kids to have a drug addict father. I don’t know where to turn and would love some advice from people who have been through it all.

canajay
      Participant

Nip it in the bud Bro. I know that’s easier said than done but remember it’s not really physically addictive but on the other hand I found it very mentally addictive. Your cash flow WILL take a hit. I quit when I counted the coke folds in my dressser and multiplied it by $80, let’s just say it scared me straight. I know it’s seems like such a super good time but one day it won’t. All the best.

sbalby77
      Participant

Hi Alex1111.

I found a youtube video by a lady called Louise Clarke. her channel is called higher insight and she helps addicts to recover being a previous user herself. That might be a place to start. I’m not saying this is all you’ll need to do. But it might be worth watching her videos at least. it could put you on the right path.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE