High functioning alcoholic

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Granny24
      Participant

I wonder if anyone can help . My husband has a drinking problem and drinks every day , and has for years . This is his normal now . Years ago I asked him to stop or I’d leave him however it did not last long and was soon drinking again but trying to hide it . He refuses to acknowledge he has a problem and becomes very aggressive when it’s addressed, so I don’t .
      My worry lately is he seems to have changed. He promises things to my children and grandchildren and forgets . He chooses not to eat preferring cider instead .
      This is not affecting his work just yet but I feel that may be on the horizon but we have no life together as everything revolves around him beginning drinking at lunchtime until he falls asleep . I have children who I hid this from for years but stopped as I was being demonised for moaning . Truthfully I fell out of love with this man years ago when he chose drinking over me . I feel trapped here and as his drinking increases so does my anxiety . I just don’t know what to do .

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE